WHAT IS ATIM?
The Association for Title Information Management (ATIM) is a non-profit association organized in 1985 to present an annual symposium to discuss land title databases and the role they play in the real estate transaction process and the title insurance industry in particular.
2016 ATIM Conference will be held at the historic Hotel La Fonda on the Plaza in Santa Fe, New Mexico September 18-20, 2016. Enjoy the rich history, culture, and beautiful surroundings of Santa Fe while engaging in discussions of land title databases and the role they play in the real estate transaction process.
Pleased to partner with the International Blockchain Real Estate Association (IBREA).
An exciting and thought provoking agenda has been constructed to include:
- Mr. Pat Stone, CEO of Williston Financial Group and perennial ATIM favorite, will highlight recent developments in real estate technology and insights on the economy and share how both will impact our industry.
- Mr. Peter Rabley, VP of Omidyar Network will discuss the intersection of technology and property-rights from a world view. Rabley will show how reliable land record systems present sustainable benefits in under-developed countries.
- Join a discussion on Blockchain technology – the underpinning for Bitcoin digital currency. Learn how this nascent technology may have wide ranging impact on real estate settlements, how land records are stored, and title insurance in general.
- A discussion with public and private sector panelists on the PDFA electronic image as a new technology and potential replacement standard for government images.
- An overview of the increasing trend to redact victims and public servants from land records and the impact to the title plant and title insurances industries. Join the discussion on how to help solve this vexing public policy issue.
- A review of alternate uses for title plants and land record data.
- An update on the ongoing efforts of the Property Records Industry Association (PRIA).