For more information and to RSVP, click here.
Blockchain real estate startups are looking at token sales, or ICOs, as an alternative to traditional venture capital funding. This crowdfunding strategy started with Bitcoin back in 2013 with Mastercoin. Current token sales present great opportunity and extreme risk, both for entrepreneurs and investors. This meetup will explore:
• How to spot a scam ICO
• What is and is not an appropriate use of a token for a technological reason
• Difference between an equity ICO and a utility token
• Recent problems with Ethereum wallet hacks, ICOs, and network congestion
• Legal and ethical questions
• Bitcoin and Ethereum options for tokens
We want this meetup to be interactive and skeptical, so bring your well informed opinions and thick skin. Please RSVP, seating is limited.
We want to thank Speakr for sponsoring this meetup and hosting us.